por Dra. Ángeles HerráizPágina 2
The treatments chosen for this condition should include peels and depigmentation products. Depending on the intensity of the spots, we will do superficial and medium peels or just the former, already described in our article on face lines. These peels will be done for a few weeks in order to continue afterwards with depigmentation treatments. There are several in the market, but from my point of view the AMELAN treatment deserves special attention.
It serves mainly to vanish facial melasma spots.
- This treatment produces quick depigmentation.
- It can be done at any time of the year.
- It iscompatible with all skin types.
- You can sunbathe without risk of melasma spot reappearing again.
- It is a safe treatment.
This is a two part treatment: the first at the clinic and the second at home. Skin may appear flushed looking like after an intense sun exposure, especially white skins. But this effect will disappear in a few days. From the 31st to the 41st day, skin starts looking healthy and bright and blemishes begin to fade away. In some cases it takes a month to obtain the desired final result.
It is necessary to apply a depigmentation cream daily at least for a year so that the blemish does not reappear. When outdours, a sun block should be used.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- Scars that will disappear in a few days.
- Intense redness.
- In 99% of the patients, fading of blemish reaches 95%. It is advisable to tell the patient that even when the blemish has practically disappeared, he might be able to find the place where it was before. It may even remain a very light shade that nobody is going to notice in most of the cases.
- If the treatment with the depigmentation cream is interrupted, the blemish will reappear, as this treatment does not eliminate the tendency but only interrupts the production of melanin.
Envejecimiento facial: Arrugas por la Dra. Ángeles Herráiz Martínez
Peligros de la Radiación Ultravioleta por Maria Dolores Soler Martinez
Accede ahora a
Más artículos de este consultorio